Resources for Bonfire night.
- Label pictures on first Powerpoint slide.
- Ask the students what they know about Bonfire Night-anything from the tradition to how we celebrate it.
- Go over the key vocab, try to explain in English first.
- Watch Horrible Histories video.
- Get the students to summarise the video, checking they understand the key points. If not explain to them.
- Get the students to fill in the answers to the ‘jigsaw’ worksheet.
- Go to the Comprehension page of the powerpoint to give the students the answers, then get them to fill in the other worksheets using this information.
- I’ve finished with what I do on bonfire night, but you can use a game from BBC – here’s the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/civil_war_revolution/launch_gms_gunpowder_plot.shtml